Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Eclipse debugger out of sync

Recently faced an issue where while debugging a project (Eclipse, WAS Liberty, RHEL 6.5), I faced the common issue of 'Code not in sync' with the break point.
Checked all the usual suspects - Project clean, server restart, even restarted  Eclipse. No use.
Then I checked the Liberty deploy folder. I was using the "Run from Workspace" option in Eclipse/WAS Liberty. In this Liberty will simply create an XML file at WASInstallDIR//usr/servers/defaultServer/apps, with the name of your-project.xml

Checked the file and wallah found it.

I had recently duplicated my dev environment, one for checkins, and one for checking out large changes before actually making them part of source control. During this copy-paste, project-name.xml was also copied along with Liberty. And Surprisingly, even though I added and removed the project from the Liberty Server multiple times, Liberty was still using the old XML and hence pointing to my old project.
Hufff... Hours lost but lessons learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment